Author Topic: Project->New : SlickC stack...  (Read 5299 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Project->New : SlickC stack...
« on: October 10, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
Project->New....

Variable element or variable not initialized
setupext.ex 1857 _EncodingFillComboList(,Automatic,16)   p_window_id: 275   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
wkspace.ex 34925 wkspace:initialize_file_tab()   p_window_id: 275   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
wkspace.ex 34078 _workspace_new_form.ctlok.\x{2724}(P,<empty>)   p_window_id: 275   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
dlgeditv.ex 6693 show(-modal _workspace_new_form,P)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
wkspace.ex 30784 workspace_new(1,<empty>,<empty>)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:

I have installed the latest hotfix, but the revision number does not show up in Help->About information.

UPDATE:
After several attempts, the "New" dialog appears intermittently. Unfortuately, the list of Project types is empty. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:35:57 PM by Wanderer »

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: Project->New : SlickC stack...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »
Is this a new problem that only began occurring recently?  Another use had a problem similar to this that was caused by a bad installation.  See http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=3581.msg14921#msg14921.

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
I think it started with the latest hotfix, but I'm not sure.  I have not tried to create a new project in several weeks; I have mostly been working with VisStudio .sln files.

To repair the installation, should I run the 13.0.2 installer, then reinstall the latest hotfix?  Or is there some other procedure?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:35:25 PM by Wanderer »

FullyArticulate

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »
I'm having this exact problem as well. I believe it either started with 13.0.2 or when I started working with a Visual C++ project.

I also have this same problem with File->New

FullyArticulate

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »
codepagemaps.map was missing from my install. Repair fixed this.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
There are two ways to "Repair" your installation. 

1.)  If you still have a copy of the SlickEdit installation MSI, you can run the installer again and chose the "Repair" option. 

2.)  If you do not have the installer, you can go to your Add/Remove Programs and use the "Repair" option from there.  In Add/Remove Programs, once you've selected SlickEdit from your list of installed applications, you can click on the "Click here for support information." link.  This pops a dialog that has the same Repair option.

Once you've done that, you can reinstall your hotfix.  Please let me know if this doesn't take care of the problem.

Gauthier

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
Same problem, Repair worked like a charm.
Thanks!