Author Topic: Window half-click  (Read 2422 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 28
Window half-click
« on: October 12, 2008, 03:31:44 pm »
Is this a problem:

Two edit windows side by side. In the left one position the edit cursor to some place then select the right window and 'do stuff' there. Now click on the left window where you want to enter some text. The edit cursor is still where it was when you exited the window, so if you now type something it will not be entered at the position you clicked. To ensure that what you type goes where you clicked you have to double-click the window.

Now, for switch focus between applications this is probably acceptable, but for changing between edit windows in the same applications it's a drag. I often find I've just clicked and typed a load of stuff into the wrong place. Sometimes, if the window has been scrolled so the cursor position is not visible, the flash as the window auto-scrolls warns me that something is up, but many times the cursor position is on-screen so I only notice when I look and wonder why the code looks like nothing I've been typing.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 309
Re: Window half-click
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:46:05 pm »
I think an option for the cursor to be positioned where you click when the window didn't previously have the focus, was added to 13.0.2  - try looking in 13.0.2 release notes.

Graeme

dunkers

• Hero Points: 28
Re: Window half-click
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 10:03:56 pm »
Mwah! If ever you have babies I'll take one :)

Nothing in the release note that I could see, but it took all of 20 seconds browsing the editor window options to find it  ::)