Author Topic: Refresh file permissions?  (Read 3176 times)

takabanana

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Refresh file permissions?
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:14:23 pm »
I know this is a basic question, but... I'm using SlickEdit 2007 (12.0.2) - and was wondering if there was a way to refresh the current file in the editor so that its R/W permissions can be updated.

i.e. when an external app (i.e. source control) changes the R/W permissions of a source file I have opened in SlickEdit, and I go back to SlickEdit, I am having to close the file and reopen it.  Is there a shortcut key to just have it refresh the file R/W permissions so I can start editing it without closing/reopening it?

Thanks.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 114
Re: Refresh file permissions?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »
takabanana:

What platform are you on?

If you go to Tools>Options, expand File Options and select "Load" is "Auto reload" set to true?  Is "Auto read only" set to true?

takabanana

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:48:52 pm »
It would be for both Windoze and Linux (SUSE) platforms... although I primarily work under linux (for now)...

I would prefer a keyboard shortcut (sometimes I do not want it to auto-refresh the file permissions).  Is there a keyboard shortcut to manually refresh just the file permissions?

-taka

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 114
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:03 pm »
Try binding "auto-reload" to a key.  It is not a great name, but I believe it will do what you want.