Author Topic: Error parsing inconsistencies between 'Validate' button and 'Go to Error'  (Read 5008 times)

Bock

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hello,

I am rather new to SlickEdit so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious.
We're using version 12.0.3.0 and I was trying to setup error parsing for C++ and a custom script language we use.

The trouble and what gets me crazy is that I get inconsistent results between the 'Validate' button and 'Go to Error' (activated when double-clicking on an error line).
Right now my Error Parsing setup is the following:

- All default categories disabled except 'User'.
- In User I have "Rule A" and "Rule B" (in this order). Both are meant to parse different format of errors. They pass my validation tests.
- I run an application outputting various lines including errors of the kinds I want.
- Double-clicking on an "Error A" line (error of type matched by Rule A) works.
- Double-clicking on an "Error B" line (error of type matched by Rule B) open the file on line 1 instead of the correct line.
- I inserted an "Error B" in validation box for both rules, and as expected it fails Rule A and match Rule B (with correct line number displayed). Based on it I don't understand why the incorrect line is used for errors of type B.

Any idea?
Is there any differences I should know between what the "Validate" button tells me and "Go to Error" ?

(Bonus complain: I'm becoming nuts because the configuration window keeps resizing to extreme small each time I open it)

Thanks a lot.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Error parsing inconsistencies between 'Validate' button and 'Go to Error'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »
@Bock: For v12.0.3 you need to patch 2 macro modules (see this post for some details).
Alternatively you could upgrade v13.0.2 where this issue is solved.
However, I've attached the related and patched v12.0.3 r35 files.
Save them to your 'macros' folder (maybe backup of your original files before) and do 'Macro>Load Module' with these 2 modules.
Have fun, HS2

Bock

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Error parsing inconsistencies between 'Validate' button and 'Go to Error'
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »
Thanks! This indeed fix the small window size, but the main problem with error parsing stays unsolved.