Author Topic: Slick-C stack when opening project  (Read 4480 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Slick-C stack when opening project
« on: December 01, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »
 Invalid XMLCFG node index
 0x10160ed0 -xmlcfg-find-child-with-name(12,-5423,LineText,1)   p_window_id: 89   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
annotations.ex 11693 annotations:importAnnotations(C:\Sandbox\Toolbars\VSPROJS\micore_project.sca)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
annotations.ex 1733 _prjopen_annotations()   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
files.ex 8569 call_list(_prjopen_)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
wkspace.ex 19302 workspace_set_active(C:\Sandbox\Toolbars\VSPROJS\micore.vpj,1,1,0)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
wkspace.ex 4838 workspace_open(C:\Sandbox\Toolbars\VSPROJS\Toolbars2.sln,,,1,1)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:

I'm guessing this has something to do with opening a .sca file in VisStudio 2008 -- there was a warning about conflicting types.
Is it possible to seamlessly share annotation files between VisStudio and SlickEdit v 13?

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
Re: Slick-C stack when opening project
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
It looks like my annotation files have been made unusable.  When I try to add an annotation (a Task) in either VisStudio 2008 or SE, I get some sort of error.  In VS, when I change the type of annotation to Task, the New Annotation dialog closes.  In SlickEdit, I get the stack dump.
Not good.  Do I have to delete all my .sca files and start over, and be careful that they don't get opened by Slick Tools in VS 2008?

Scott H

• Hero Points: 9
Re: Slick-C stack when opening project
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
It's important to us that the two products can share annotations, and we did a lot of testing to make sure that annotations worked well between them, especially for the two latest versions.  It would be very helpful if you could email your corrupted annotations file to support (support@slickedit.com).  We'll do our best to figure out what's happening and we can probably fix your annotation file also, so that it's usable again without losing any of your entries.