Author Topic: SlickEdit 2009 broke parenth highlighting  (Read 37530 times)

_fragment_

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: SlickEdit 2009 broke parenth highlighting
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »
Seems you're right. My apologies. I've been running v13 the last few months with a saved color scheme from several revs past. Disregard my 2 cents.

Dave

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
The orange problem is fixed too. Hope you don't miss the random orange happiness ;D

_fragment_

• Community Member
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
I'm sure I'll do fine without it. If I get a craving for orange in general (not random) I think there are existing color schemes that will satisfy.

Dave

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:44 PM »
Tools > Options > Colors > Scheme, select "Orange!".

Sidenote:  Dennis, this took too long for me to do.  I'm filing a feature request for rapidly making a color scheme where everything is a slightly different shade of a given color.

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:30 PM »

Sidenote:  Dennis, this took too long for me to do.  I'm filing a feature request for rapidly making a color scheme where everything is a slightly different shade of a given color.
I can't tell if that's a joke or not...  But I'd love a way even to just Copy/Paste a color to the clipboard.  Or drag the color, or put it in a special "register" that's private to the dialog.  In other words I don't care if it's really on the clipboard or not, I just want to be able to copy the color from one element to another with some kind of fast and simple gesture.  Right now if I want to use a base color and make a few settings use variations of that base color, I have to do 3 separate copy/paste cycles, once for each of the RGB values (or memorize the numbers, but my short term memory is.......what was I saying?).

For that matter, I'd love an option for the 3 value boxes to be the H,S,L values instead of the R,G,B values.  For example, the colors for an embedded language are typically a little darker, but it's prohibitively cumbersome to manually copy the base color and darken it by a uniform amount.  With HSL and a CopyColor/PasteColor ability, it would go something like:  CopyColor on the color element, PasteColor to the embedded color element, darken the Luminance value by X.  The mouse-only HSL controls don't really allow any kind of precision math-based adjustments.

(I'm in a hurry -- did that all make sense?)

_fragment_

• Community Member
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 11:18:19 PM »

This could be the preferred color scheme for developers of game mods for Valve Software's Orange Box games.  ::)

Dave