Author Topic: Possible conflict with Vi emulation and Search in SE  (Read 3112 times)

outsider

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 64
  • Hero Points: 1
Possible conflict with Vi emulation and Search in SE
« on: September 11, 2006, 09:30:09 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem? If I run a search using the / command in vi emulation and at some stage later try to find or replace using SE's dialog box the search item cannot be found in the current buffer, even when it's right before your eyes. If I switch to all buffers, the search items are found. This also 'resets' the dialog box so that now, the search/replace in the current buffer works again. Until the next time I decide to use / again.

I presume this is a bug.

regards

Lee

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1285
  • Hero Points: 128
Re: Possible conflict with Vi emulation and Search in SE
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:35:20 pm »
I've not encountered this particular problem with vi emulation.  Is this an intermittent problem or is this always the case?  Also which version are you currently using?  The find/replace gui has its own settings and initialization that may or may not be different than the /command, and they don't pass info to each other when going between them.  It's possible that the find dialog may be using the previous search entered search data, and it's trying to do find-next-occurrence instead.  That would cause this sort of problem, but usually changing any of the options on the dialog force a refresh will correct itself.  If you have a reproducible case, I can track this problem further.

outsider

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 64
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Possible conflict with Vi emulation and Search in SE
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:30:11 pm »
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I am using version 11.0.2.

I have tried to reproduce the problem but it seems to have gone away after I reinstalled Slickedit. If I encounter it again I will let you know.

Thanks once again.