Author Topic: workspace tag file and project files  (Read 4487 times)

cirocco

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
workspace tag file and project files
« on: December 18, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »
Hi
  I use SlickEdit Version 11.0.2, upgraded a while ago from version 5.0.
When I add a file to workspace tag file it is also automatically added to the current project list of files.
  It makes multiple projects in a workspace unusable. How to fix that behavior? The files in a tag file should be independed from current open project.

Thanks for any help
Roman

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: workspace tag file and project files
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:34:29 PM »
The workspace tag file specifically is for files in the projects in the workspace.
If you don't want the file to be part of a project, add it to a custom tag file instead.

cirocco

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: workspace tag file and project files
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »
The workspace tag file specifically is for files in the projects in the workspace.
If you don't want the file to be part of a project, add it to a custom tag file instead.

Thanks
  It was different before upgrade, if I remember correctly.
  If that is the case, and that file is completely automatic, then maybe, "Add files" and "Add Tree" buttons should be disabled, as you can easily burden ones project files.

I have tried to add another tag file to "Workplace tag file" section but I cannot, it is added to "C" tag files and is visible in other workspaces too.
I need to tag files that are not in any workspace project, but that tags should be visible only in one workspace.
How can I do that?

Roman
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:21:46 AM by cirocco »