Author Topic: Invalid XMLCFG handle followed by Slick-C stack when creating new project  (Read 3790 times)

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
I tried to create new project when received this. Interestingly, this repeats itself and until now I didn't manage to create that project. Why this is happening?

Invalid XMLCFG handle
 0x10160d40 -xmlcfg-delete(7,0,1)   p_window_id: 284   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: _ok
project.ex 35331 project:doOK()   p_window_id: 284   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: _ok
project.ex 35000 _project_form._ok.\x{15f2}()   p_window_id: 196   p_object: OI_SSTAB   p_name: _proj_prop_sstab
dlgeditv.ex 7407 show(-mdi -modal -xy _project_form,D:\Stuff\linux-2.6.21-8\linux-2.6.21-8.vpj,7,0)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
project.ex 379 project:project_edit2(0,D:\Stuff\linux-2.6.21-8\linux-2.6.21-8.vpj)   p_window_id: 54   p_object: OI_SSTAB_CONTAINER   p_name:
project.ex 532 project_edit(0)   p_window_id: 54   p_object: OI_SSTAB_CONTAINER   p_name:
projutil.ex 2369 show_project_properties_files_tab(Release)   p_window_id: 54   p_object: OI_SSTAB_CONTAINER   p_name:
project.ex 2564 workspace_new_project2(D:\Stuff\linux-2.6.21-8\linux-2.6.21-8.vpj,Generic C/C++,linux-2.6,D:\Stuff\linux-2.6.21-8\linux-2.6.21-8.vpw,0,1,,,0,<empty>,0,1)
   p_window_id: 54
   p_object: OI_SSTAB_CONTAINER
   p_name:
wkspace.ex 31655 workspace_new_project(1,Generic C/C++,linux-2.6.21-8,D:\Stuff\linux-2.6.21-8\,0,linux-2.6,)   p_window_id: 54   p_object: OI_SSTAB_CONTAINER   p_name:
wkspace.ex 33153 _workspace_new_form.ctlok.\x{24bc}()   p_window_id: 254   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name: _project_form
dlgeditv.ex 7407 show(-modal _workspace_new_form,P)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
wkspace.ex 30784 workspace_new(1,<empty>,<empty>)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:

Alex.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
Re: Invalid XMLCFG handle followed by Slick-C stack when creating new project
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:28:23 pm »
Does this happen on all project types or just the "Generic C/C++"? project type?

Can you start SlickEdit with a clean config and see if you still get it:
vs -sc "config"

That will create a new default config in your install directory, under "config".

asandler

Re: Invalid XMLCFG handle followed by Slick-C stack when creating new project
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:04:49 pm »
It does work with clean configuration.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
I'm taking that to mean that the clean config has resolved the problem. Please let me know if I have misunderstood.

asandler

Clean config has indeed resolved the problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot go back to clean configuration. I've created the configuration I am using at the moment, only one week before the event took place. I created this new configuration to tackle another problem that I encountered. I think that time SlickEdit confused class name with some static function declared somewhere else in the project. By the way, I tried to reproduce the problem with clean configuration and, again, it worked well - i.e. clean config has resolved the problem. In general I started with clean configuration something like 5 times in last 3-4 months.
This makes me think that, perhaps, starting with clean configuration is not a good solution for any problem. Because after all, I am expecting to have some configuration and I am not writing the configuration myself. Instead I use menus and commands in SlickEdit itself to create the configuration.
I am also unable to send you my configuration and projects I am working on because it is a proprietary code.
It seems that this is a dead end and I am not expecting a salvation any time soon. Yet I hope that this year you'll come up with an approach that will eliminate this cast of problems once and for all.

Thanks.
Alex.