Author Topic: Right-click menus don't work anymore (VS v13.0.2.0)  (Read 3656 times)

oharel

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Right-click menus don't work anymore (VS v13.0.2.0)
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »
Hi,

The right-click menus under VS 13.0.2.0 don't work anymore. They use to work just fine until a few weeks ago. The version of Slickedit didn't change in that time frame and the OS hasn't gone though any major update.
The left-lick menus work very well.
My OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 6).

For example: if I right click on a file in the file list or if I right click on a breakpoint in the breakpoint list a menu appears. However from that point as I move the mouse cursor on top of the menu, no field is highlighted and I can't select any option. Worse, VS pretty much hangs forever and I have to kill it.

I found an old thread reporting similar issues for v11. I didn't suggest any possible cause/solution.

Olivier.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Right-click menus don't work anymore (VS v13.0.2.0)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
If right click menus still work in other applications then you might be able to fix the problem by closing slick and deleting vslick.stu from your configuration folder.  Backup your config folder first.

Graeme

oharel

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Right-click menus don't work anymore (VS v13.0.2.0)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.
Yes right click worked with other tools. It also worked for slickedit users which indicated that something was wrong with my vsconfig directory.
I went ahead and removed (renamed) that directory. That fixed the issue, though I had to reconfigure everything.

I'll keep in mind the vslick.stu file for next time. Would be great if that kind of behavior could be fixed.

Olivier.