Author Topic: Problems compiling single files from Visual studio project  (Read 2204 times)

qusuda

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Problems compiling single files from Visual studio project
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:21 am »
Hi

I am discovering problems while compiling single files that are part of a VS2008 project. 

When i rebuild the complete projects  everything works as expected.

The output window looks like this:

D:\FooFp\Projects\Foo\Fp\Pc>"C:\Program Files\SlickEdit 2008\win\vsbuild" -signal 9009 -command cl @c:\TEMP\5576001b0  /nologo "D:\FooFp\Components\Eai\Eai.c"
VSLICKERRORPATH="D:\FooFp\Projects\Foo\Fp\Pc"
cl @c:\TEMP\5576001b0 /nologo D:\FooFp\Components\Eai\Eai.c
Eai.c
d:\Foofp\components\eai\eai.c : fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler generated file: '.\.\Debug" /I ..\..\..\..\mapping /I ..\..\..\..\Mapping\Modules\Config /I ..\..\..\.. /I ..\..\..\..\include /I ..\..\..\..\Components /I ..\Config /I ..\Config\BmcCfg /c .sbr': No such file or directory

The c:\TEMP\5576001b0 file contains the following

/Od /W3 /ZI "/DWIN32_SIM" "/DWIN32_BMC_SIM" "/D_WINDOWS" "/DPCCOMPILE" "/D_DEBUG" "/DWIN32" "/DSC14450" "/DWIN32COMPILE" "/D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" "/DLOG_MAC_A_FIELDS" "/DLOG_MAC_BMC_STATUS" "/DRS_CONFIG_H" "/DRS_RTOS_ID=2" "/DRS_SET_PACKING=1" "/DRS_QUEUES=1" "/DRS_PROTECTION=2" "/DRDBG_PRINTF" "/DWIN32_DEBUG_PRINTF" /D_MBCS /EHsc /Gm /RTC1 /MTd /Zp1 /Fd".\./Debug/" /Fo".\./Debug/" /FR".\.\Debug\" /I "..\..\..\..\mapping" /I "..\..\..\..\Mapping\Modules\Config" /I "..\..\..\.." /I "..\..\..\..\include" /I "..\..\..\..\Components" /I "..\Config" /I "..\Config\BmcCfg" /c

Anyone has a hint or solution for this ?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 114
Re: Problems compiling single files from Visual studio project
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:06:01 pm »
It looks like one of the quoted command-line path arguments is causing the problem.  I think the /FR (source browser file path) got set incorrectly.  The closing quote in the ".\.\Debug\" is getting escaped by the backslash.  The parameter just continues on grabbing characters until the next unescaped quote.  You might be able to fix in the Visual Studio Project properties file by changing to a / instead.

There used to be code that would check for that in SlickEdit, but this may have gotten short-circuited or moved and is not called anymore.  I'll have to look into that, I'll file a bug report and try to reproduce it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:17:47 pm by Lee »

qusuda

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Problems compiling single files from Visual studio project
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:31 pm »
Hi Lee

This was exactly the case, after changing the end character to slash (/) instead of backslash(\) the problem  was solved, and the project is still compileable in VS2008 as well.

Thank for the quick reply.  I hope you will be able to include a fix for this in a hotfix soon, since we have a lot of projects setup this way.

Best regards

Anders