Author Topic: Problem upgrading to 11.0.2 with toolbar modifications in vusrobjs.e  (Read 4796 times)

mrothman

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I'm having a problem with upgrading on win32 (haven't tried linux yet). When SlickEdit restarts, after auto tagging and verifying my emulation, it throws an error and leaves a vsstack file as follows:

Slick-C STACK TRACE ******************************
 Created on 9/14/2006 at 9:34:48 (148 ms)
 Edit module and type "st -f <offset>" to get the
 run-time error position

error code=-2088
 Invalid object handle

tbprops.ex 4851 _tbIsModifiedToolbar(_tbtools_form)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vlstobjs.ex 763 list_objects(,,usersys,q,0,1)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
savecfg.ex 611 static(0)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
savecfg.ex 208 save_config2()   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
main.ex 1470 save_config()   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
main.ex 755 static()   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
main.ex 6703 defmain( "-#cd C:\Applications\vslick\macros\" "-#popup-imessage Update complete")
   p_window_id: 5
   p_object: OI_FORM
   p_name:

By carefully removing old cruft in my configuration directory (it goes back to version 5!) and restoring my various config files, I think I've narrowed down the problem to changes I made in a previous version (I think it was an earlier version of 11) which were stored in vusrobjs.e.  From the stack traces, it looks like it would be related to toolbar changes, which makes sense as I carefully customized my toolbars a month or two ago.  I tried psyching out the problem by reading the file, but no luck. I've attached that file, as it was before the upgrade.

I also reproduce here the further error that is thrown on the way out if I try to save the configuration, although I don't know how much value that has, given that we already failed on the way in.

Slick-C STACK TRACE ******************************
 Created on 9/14/2006 at 9:36:32 (708 ms)
 Edit module and type "st -f <offset>" to get the
 run-time error position

error code=-2088
 Invalid object handle

tbprops.ex 4851 _tbIsModifiedToolbar(_tbtools_form)   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
vlstobjs.ex 763 list_objects(,,usersys,q,0,1)   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
savecfg.ex 611 static(0)   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
savecfg.ex 208 save_config2()   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
main.ex 1470 save_config()   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
main.ex 1430 gui_save_config()   p_window_id: 151   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name: _shellEditor
window.ex 3439 safe_exit(1,0)   p_window_id: 34   p_object: OI_COMBO_BOX   p_name: _tbcontext_combo_etab
window.ex 4786 _on_exit(0)   p_window_id: 34   p_object: OI_COMBO_BOX   p_name: _tbcontext_combo_etab

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
Re: Problem upgrading to 11.0.2 with toolbar modifications in vusrobjs.e
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »
This is one of the upgrade bombs ;)
Similar things happend to me versions ago...
You modified a form (GUI dialog) in a prev. version. This changed form gets saved in vusrobjs.e and compiled into vslick.sta
If a new Slick version comes with a changed version of this form (see sysobjs.e) and the related macros rely on this (new form) you may get problems like this.

Try to update your modified _tbtools_form in vusrobjs.e w/ the new code in sysobjs.e and load it
with this command:
xcom vusrobjs

or comment out defmain and load as usual.
And re-apply your modifications later on :(
Hope it helps.

HS2

mrothman

• Hero Points: 1
Re: Problem upgrading to 11.0.2 with toolbar modifications in vusrobjs.e
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »
Thanks.  I went with just re-applying the changes, since they were just customization of the toolbar, it was pretty quick.