Author Topic: File list not updating  (Read 5310 times)

g_quest

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
File list not updating
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:31:32 PM »
I need help with Slick version 10.0.3. On the Toolbar, under File the recent files' list that shows files that I have worked on is not being updated - the list that shows up is an old list of files that I have not accessed in more than 3 weeks. Also, if I exit Slick with a file open, when I reenter Slick that file is no longer open. How do I get this list to update with the most recent files that I have accessed with Slick? Thank you. Note: I recently upgraded from version 10.0.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: File list not updating
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:22:41 PM »
I need help with Slick version 10.0.3. On the Toolbar, under File the recent files' list that shows files that I have worked on is not being updated - the list that shows up is an old list of files that I have not accessed in more than 3 weeks. Also, if I exit Slick with a file open, when I reenter Slick that file is no longer open. How do I get this list to update with the most recent files that I have accessed with Slick? Thank you. Note: I recently upgraded from version 10.0.

I have no idea what the problem could be but one thing you could try is starting a brand new config folder.  Use the -sc some-folder-name option on the command line when you invoke slickedit (see for invocation in the help index)  where some-folder-name is a new empty directory.  Slick will create a brand new config there.  You could then see if your problems go away  - if so, you could transfer some of your config files to your new config folder - or alternatively, make a copy of the config folder you use now, then delete everything in it, then add stuff back later.  If you want to know which config files etc to save and add back - I suggest posting a new thread.

Graeme

jbezem

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:26 AM »
Can it be that for some reason your *.vpwhist file (normally in the workspace base directory) is read-only?

FWIW,

Johan

g_quest

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 06:23:50 PM »
Thank you for the hints! What I ended up doing to get the file list to update: Under directory 'My Slick Config' > '10.0.3' I changed the properties of all the files listed to NOT Read Only. Apparently, one of those files had properties of Read Only that was not allowing my files list to update.