Author Topic: beautify for actionscript  (Read 7281 times)

sean_kelly

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
beautify for actionscript
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »
Hi Again,

beautify and gui-beatify also have the 2 space curly bracket issue - beautify selection run on the below code
results in a 2 space mismatch with the final paren (using style 1)

cheers

Sean

public function push(det:kdraw_detector):void {
      _list.push(det);
    }
[\pre]

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: beautify for actionscript
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Hi Sean,

Sorry so late on the reply, but I had a chance to look into this and I think I might be able to help you out.  Here's the deal...we only have beautifiers written specifically for a few languages: C, C#, Java, JavaScript, and SlickC.  Other languages which we can beautify are lumped into one of these categories and we make use of the beautifier for that "parent" language. 

For ActionScript, we are using the C beautifier.  What's tripping it up is the modifier for the functions (ie. public)...the C beautifier normally doesn't have to deal with these.  I made a little change to instead use the Java beautifier for ActionScript (which has modifiers for methods), and it seems to be working much better.  I've attached a macro file which makes the change for you...feel free to try it out:

• Backup your copy of ECLIPSEDIR/plugins/com.slickedit.windows.libs_3.4.0/slickedit/macros/cformat.e
  • Save the attached cformat.e to the same location
  • In Eclipse go to Macro > Load Module, and browse to the new stdprocs.e to load it

Now try your beautify...let me know if it works better for you, and if there are other issues.

- Ryan

sean_kelly

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: beautify for actionscript
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »
Thanks Ryan !!