Author Topic: Group by member type in SE  (Read 3446 times)

beaver

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Group by member type in SE
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:32:16 am »
Hi all,

In visual studio, there is a option of "group by member type" which will group the method into one section and data member into another. Is there are any way that I can accomplish the same feature in SE.

Thanks in advance!!

-Beaver

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: Group by member type in SE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:54:12 pm »
I'm not familiar with the feature, can you elaborate a bit?
Do you mean in a toolbar window?  Which toolbar window?
Do you mean beautifying source code files to rearrange the implementations of functions?

beaver

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Group by member type in SE
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:12:30 pm »
In Visual Studio, there is a toolbar called "class view", which is similar to "class" toolbar in SE. In SE, I can sort the data members and methods in alph order, and then in symbol toolbar, i can sort by both the "alph order" or "line number". However, I can not sort by member type, where  I want all the data member in on section and method in another section.

let me give you example, if I have this class

class ABC {
private:
   char * name;
   int      age;
   float   weight

public:
   char * get_name();
   int      get_age();
   int      get_weigth()
   int      member_id;
};

Vistual studio will display this class as this in the "class view"

name
weight
get_age()
get_name()
get_weight()

As you can see, ALL of the the data members are on the top and the methods are on the bottom.

I know in SE, I can do a quick filter to filter out the data member or method. But what I want is to see all the data member and methods for a class but the  data member in one section and method in another section in alph order. Is this possible to do is SE?

Thanks,