Author Topic: Switching between remembered panel sizes  (Read 3325 times)

Bock

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Switching between remembered panel sizes
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »
I don't think what I'm requesting is very standard, but in my book it would be very useful.  Let me explain it.

I don't really like the "auto-hide" feature that hide a panel when you stop using it, because things never seem to happen when I want it.

So I end resizing my Build window a lot, to small when I mostly edit size, to big when I'm looking at some output.

May I suggest adding in a feature where some double-click or press of a button would alternate between 2 stored sizes for the panel (kind of like window manage have a full-screen and a custom-size size switch for windows).

Else, what kind of solution are you guys using to solve this, or is this a non-problem to you?

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Switching between remembered panel sizes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »
I also keep a number of tool windows docked all the time. When I need to dig into details e.g. analyzing lengthy build logs I undock them (d-click the toolbar title bar). The build window supports a special option via it's r-click context menu to send it's contents to a new editor window which is sometimes quite useful.
Hope it helps, HS2

Bock

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Switching between remembered panel sizes
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:26:48 AM »
Thanks, it's perfect!
Embarassingly enough, as it happens double-clicking to undock has the same behavior I requested because essentially you can have a different size/position for docked and undocked settings.

(sorry I think I clicked thumbs-down accidentally, I'm not sure and the system requires to wait 1 hour to change it)