Author Topic: SlickEdit for Windows and Subversion  (Read 4030 times)

jpbowie

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
SlickEdit for Windows and Subversion
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:57:01 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone else is using SlickEdit with Subversion?  I was able to get everything configured, but nothing seems to be working.  In some cases I get an error "CVS executable not found", in others it just states that the file that I'm working on does not exist (it gives the path to the source file that I'm trying to commit and I've verified that the file is there).  I'm using subversion 1.4.0.

Thanks,
James

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 137
Re: SlickEdit for Windows and Subversion
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 04:18:41 pm »
James:

There is a hotfix available from support for Subversion in 11.0.2.  However, version 1.4 of Subversion changed the format of the .svn/entries file, which we were opening directly.  So you may still have a problem.

I will be looking into the 1.4 specific issues soon (later today or early next week).

Ding Zhaojie

• Hero Points: 37
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 10:04:34 am »
Yeah, after I updated my subversion, Slickedit can not show version history or commit now. But the subversion v1.4 is really good, the amount of files in .svn folders reduced a lot. Hope subversion v1.4 support will release soon.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:14:49 am by Ding Zhaojie »

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:37:21 am »
Is there somewhere I can download the hotfix from?  I haven't heard back from support yet, and am not even getting the automated response; is the support system down?

Support ticket number:
CRM:{7FC01EC2-559A-4316-9D62-FCE9D7AE502F}:MRC

Thanks,
Peter

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 137
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:21:25 pm »
There is a new hotfix available from our support department that will fix the Subversion 1.4 issues.

I am still running into an issue when Subversion is prompting for a username/password.  I was hoping to fix this before I got a new hotfix out, but decided not to hold the Subversion 1.4 fixes for this.