Author Topic: Slickedit 2009 does not respect the document type!  (Read 3583 times)

smartin

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Slickedit 2009 does not respect the document type!
« on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »
Hi,

I work on embedded systems. I have quite a lot of BIG projects written in C. Everything worked OK on SlickEdit 2009 beta 4, but after installing the release version I started getting strange problems. I eventually tracked it down to the fact that on some of my C filed were being opened as Intel assembly files. Again I tracked this down and can now reproduce it at will.

Create a file called test.c and give it the following contents:

int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) {
    asm(" ldi ar0, 3");
}

It will now be recognized as an assembly file. As soon as you add an asm statement to a C file it becomes an asm document. This is wrong. As you can expect formatting goes crazy some searches don't work, can't beautify, no completion, etc.

HTH

_fragment_

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Slickedit 2009 does not respect the document type!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
I had the same problem, although it took a while to discover what the cause was. The developers have reproduced the problem, and I think a solution is on the way.

Dave

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Slickedit 2009 does not respect the document type!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »
Yes, this problem has been fixed in the update of SlickEdit 2009 that is now available, v14.0.0.7. My thanks to _fragment_ for helping to identify this problem. It was a long and arduous process to figure out what was causing the problem.