Author Topic: Font oddity  (Read 4117 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 35
Font oddity
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:12:16 pm »
I had this occur in SE13 as well so it's not new to SE2009...

I use the Megatops ProCoder 1.0 fixed space font in the edit windows. When first starting SE2009 it copied my setting from SE13 correctly (I use size 9). However, when I then opened an existing project the edit window font looked kind of anemic and not what it should be.

I had this occur in SE13 where I opened a project that had been used with SE13 and Courier New as the edit font (that is, in both cases the opened project is the first time the SE with Megatops font has seen the project). Checking the font setting in Options shows that the correct (Megatops) font is still selected.

The fix I found is to change the font to something other font, then back to Megatops. Thereafter that project is never a problem again (until an SE upgrade, whereupon the font again looks anemic until I reset the font selection).

Hope that makes sense.

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
Re: Font oddity
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »
A screenshot of the "anemic" look might help the SlickTeam figure it out.

dunkers

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:30:50 pm »
Yes, you're quite right :)

I've attached font_before.jpg and font_after.jpg, showing the before being fixed state and desired fixed state.

Plus, since I had the video stuff out for the other report I recorded the Options setting being set correctly, then having to change to something else and back again to resolve it. But note that this 800K zip turns into an almost 7MB avi if you're short of disk space, and it's not awfully pretty...

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:30:08 pm »
The "anemic" font appears to be "Courier New".

dunkers

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:49:49 am »
It could well be, and if it were then that would likely be my previous setting (can't be 100% on that, though).

I wonder if the font info is stored in the project/workspace and overrides the user preference.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 04:39:10 pm »
You're very close - the font info is stored for the editor window and that info overrides your new settings.

I'll file a defect to only save the font info for a window if it is different than the setting for the whole application.  However, this will only work going forward - if previously we saved font info for a window, that will still be restored.  Luckily, you've already found a workaround for it.

dunkers

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:46:56 pm »
Thanks, Sandra - that's been puzzling me for a while in a kind of background way :)