Author Topic: bug: 14.0.0.7 overrides/forgets "Subversion executable" setting  (Read 3298 times)

os2bird

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
I just installed a new version of subversion on my Vista64 and tried to convince SlickEdit 14.0.0.7 to use it. I open the subversion settings and browse to the new version of svn.exe and opens it. The "Subversion executable" field now contains the full path to the right file. Press "OK" and leave the settings dialog. But when I try to use it I get errors from the old svn.exe. I open the settings again, and in the field is the path to the old binary. Looks like someone is trying to be a bit too helpful here...

Uninstalling the old version of subversion sort of fixes the problem, only now it says "svn.exe" without any path in the "Subversion executable" field.

The subversion versions and locations was 1.6.0 & "C:\Program Files\SlikSvn\bin\svn.exe" for the new and 1.4.6 & "C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin\svn.exe" for the old one.

Kind Regards,
 knut.

PS. I'm still waiting for a "Diff <file> with BASE..." menu item for subversion, i.e. see what changes you've made to the file without contacting the server. I was told something of this kind was in the works when posting a patch for it against 12.0.x two years back...

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: bug: 14.0.0.7 overrides/forgets "Subversion executable" setting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »
I was able to reproduce the problem with setting your new Subversion executable setting.  I'll see about getting a hotfix out for it.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: bug: 14.0.0.7 overrides/forgets "Subversion executable" setting
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »
There is now a hotfix available to fix this issue.  Go to the SlickEdit 2009 Hotfix page (http://www.slickedit.com/content/view/563) to download it.  Please let me know if this does not solve the problem.