Author Topic: Where are the functional languages?  (Read 15298 times)

Daniel.

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Where are the functional languages?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:13 pm »
Put me down for Haskell

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 04:23:25 pm »
A quick update on functional language support.

We have added very basic initial support for Erlang, Haskell, and F# for SlickEdit 2010. None of these yet have a full-blown parser or comprehensive tagging. We'll be needing your feedback during the betas on what improvements would be most useful to you. Also, any recommendations you have for project templates would be helpful (source file extensions, folder organization, tools that need to be invoked, etc). We will try to have support for Visual Studio 2010's .fsproj extension.

exim

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 06:43:24 pm »
Hello,

I gave a try to SlickEdit because of the Haskell support. It would be great if you enhance it. You can look at Emacs with haskell-mode, unfortunately it is the "best" environment for now, you can imagine how worse are alternatives. I - the "Visual Studio guy" had to stick with Emacs and there are many people like me. So, yes, there is a demand for a good editor/IDE for functional programming languages, especially for Haskell and Erlang for which emacs is the standard de facto for now.

P.S.
Don't forget about Lisp, Scheme as well.

Thank you.

exim

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 07:12:24 pm »
Hello,

Any news about this?

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:53:08 pm »
We are working on the project plan for SlickEdit 2011. At this point, I doubt that we'll be enhancing the functional languages for that release.