Author Topic: Bookmark toolbar problems  (Read 11882 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Bookmark toolbar problems
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »

A problem with the bookmark toolbar.
If I double click a bookmark on the bookmark toolbar and the bookmark is in the file already being shown, the focus stays on the bookmark toolbar instead of moving to the editor window, which I think it should.  If the bookmark is in a different file, that file becomes the current buffer and the editor window gets the focus.

Also, it would be useful if mouse-over on a bookmark name showed the full name of the bookmark.  Also, is there any reason not to have single click instead of double click when selecting a bookmark.

Does Slickedit prefer "problem reports" and feature requests like this to go through the email channels or is it ok to post them here?

It's great there's an official Slickedit forum.

Graeme

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
Re: Bookmark toolbar problems
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
Hi Graeme,

Glad to see you here!  The main goal for the SlickEdit Community is for SlickEdit users to assist each other by asking questions, discussing product issues, and voicing opinions. Although we do monitor the forums and answer selected questions, it is not our intent to address support requests from within the forum. Support requests should be submitted via support@slickedit.com

That said, thanks for the feedback on the Bookmark Toolbar.  I'll add this to our Dev Tracker.  In the meantime, if you have clicked on a bookmark that is in the current buffer and SlickEdit does go to that location, hitting Escape once will bring that cursor location into active focus for you.

I'll add a Feature Request to our Dev Tracker for mousing over a bookmark to show the full name; same for the single vs. double click to go to a selected bookmark.

As mentioned at the beginning of this reply Graeme, feel free to send an email with "Problem Report" or "Feature Request" to support@slickedit.com  (Users with a current Support and Maintenance agreement have access to email and phone support, as well as upgrades and hotfixes, however we do accept "Feature Request" and "Problem Report" emails from any and all SlickEdit Users.)

Thanks again and have a great day,
SlickEdit Support.