Author Topic: Feedback on obtaining trial license and installation process  (Read 3428 times)

bennyhill

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Feedback on obtaining trial license and installation process
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:22:49 AM »
I just downloaded se_14000007_linux_full.tar.gz so I could give Slick Edit a look since it's been a while since I last used it.

Here are a couple of things you might consider:

1)  When I go to sign up for a trial license key I get an error message on your website telling me I can't get a trial license - perhaps because there has been a new release of the software.

The actual problem is that this functionality requires cookies to be enabled (I block all cookies by default).  Despite the fact that there is absolutely no reason for you to need to set a cookie in my browser in order to supply me with a trial license you should at least give me an error message that is helpful.

2)  If I attempt to copy the URL from the Slick Edit installation program the context dialog that opens when I right click on the long URL string immediately closes unless I hold down my right mouse key.  This is not default behaviour so what ends up happening is I click the button and see a very brief flicker and the URL string disappears.  What is happening is that URL string is already "selected" so when the context dialog disappears the text box displaying the URL string registers a "click" and erases the content that was already there - namely the URL I needed to copy.

I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3.0.8