Author Topic: Problem with connection to VisStudio 2005  (Read 4044 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Problem with connection to VisStudio 2005
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:04:31 pm »
Hello,

Tools->Options->Visual C++ Setup:

"Put SlickEdit! on Visual C++ menu" is checked.
"Set VCPP Version" is set to "use latest version".

The SlickEdit menu doesn't show up in VisStudio...

VisStudio 2005, SlickEdit 11.0.2.

Also, can someone remind me of the syntax for setting up SlickEdit as an external tool?
Thanks.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Problem with connection to VisStudio 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:07:05 pm »
I don't think that the old SlickEdit! menu works with the .NET Visual Studios (Is that the correct plural? Studii?). I'm pretty sure it stopped working after VC++ 6.

If you're setting up the "External Tools" menu, the syntax is a little different than the straight command-line syntax. Here's how I have my Arguments field set in the external tools dialog.
Code: [Select]
"$(ItemPath)" "-#goto-line $(CurLine)"  "-#goto-col $(CurCol)" "-#maximize-window"
And if you've got SlickEdit Tools installed, there's the Open filename in SlickEdit command on the SlickEdit toplevel menu.

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:12:37 pm »
Thanks for the command line reminder.

Tools->Options->Visual C++ Setup lists "Visual Studio 8 (2005)", which suggests it is supposed to work...

JakeMontgomery

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:26:25 pm »
I don't think that the old SlickEdit! menu works with the .NET Visual Studios (Is that the correct plural? Studii?). I'm pretty sure it stopped working after VC++ 6.

If you're setting up the "External Tools" menu, the syntax is a little different than the straight command-line syntax. Here's how I have my Arguments field set in the external tools dialog.
"$(ItemPath)" "-#goto-line $(CurLine)"  "-#goto-col $(CurCol)" "-#maximize-window"
And if you've got SlickEdit Tools installed, there's the Open filename in SlickEdit command on the SlickEdit toplevel menu.

FYI, there are a couple of typos that make the above line work incorrectly (at least on VS 2003).  The following works:

"$(ItemPath)" "-#goto-line $(CurLine)" "-#goto-col $(CurCol)" -#maximize-window