Author Topic: How do I keep my colouring from SE2008 to SE2009?  (Read 3121 times)

cbretteville

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
How do I keep my colouring from SE2008 to SE2009?
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
As far as I can remember when I've previously upgraded SE most of the settings and options have been copied from the previous version to the newest one and settings, including syntax colouring, have been kept. When I installed SE2009 I ended up in a wizard that reset colouring to something 180 degrees off what I like so I decided to try again. I uninstalled 2009 and deleted the 14.0.0 subdirectory in "My documents\My SlickEdit Config". Then reinstalled. Its better, but not the way I want it. When I switch to a buffer I haven't looked at in 2009 it looks like it should then most things except the background colour is replaced to some scheme not selected by me making things look hideous.

How do I keep my colouring when upgrading?

SE v14.0.0.7

Thanks,
- Carl
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:07:53 PM by cbretteville »

cbretteville

• Community Member
Re: How do I keep my colouring from SE2008 to SE2009?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
Just tried loading the latest cumulative hotfixes, It doesn't help.
- Carl

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:56:22 PM »
A couple of things to try.  Make sure you cancel out of the quick start configuration wizard - sounds like you're doing that.  Go back to your previous slickedit version and check that if you have defined your own color scheme, that the name of the scheme doesn't have "modified" at the end of it.  If it does, you need to click the "save scheme" button before upgrading your configuration to SE 2009.  Then when you run SE 2009, go to tools -> options -> appearance -> symbol coloring and select "none" for the scheme.  Then click the help button to learn about symbol coloring schemes - also look at help contents -> new features -> symbol coloring.

Graeme

cbretteville

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »
Thanks Graeme,
Your repoly pointed me to the problem: Symbol colouring, unknown symbols in particular. Turn that off and my colours were as they should be. This does seem like a nifty feature that I'll revisit at some point, but it had me really confused there for a while.

Cheers,
- Carl