Author Topic: Tagging compiler headers  (Read 5857 times)

pvonkaenel

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Tagging compiler headers
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

I've created a new C compiler definition based on VS2008 that includes an SDK directory (great suggestion received from this forum).  Unfortunately, this SDK has icc files in it (for inline C++) which are not being picked up.  I've added icc to the list of acceptable C++ files, but it looks like this is not being used when tagging compiler directories.  Is there some way I can add this extension?

Thanks,
Peter

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
Re: Tagging compiler headers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »
In options -> languages -> file extension manager, you should see icc in the list and it should have C/C++ as its association.

Did you add icc to the C++ list before or after you created the tag file. Maybe you just need to repeat the "add files" operation for the SDK folder.

Graeme

pvonkaenel

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
In options -> languages -> file extension manager, you should see icc in the list and it should have C/C++ as its association.

Did you add icc to the C++ list before or after you created the tag file. Maybe you just need to repeat the "add files" operation for the SDK folder.

Graeme

I do see icc in the list, and have retagged a couple of times now.  Still no joy.  I think part of the problem is the "Files of type" listing in the Open Files dialog box.  The list of extensions seems to be hardcoded and does not include additional extensions I have added.  Any other thoughts on how to add to the list of extensions?

Thanks again,
Peter

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »
A quick answer - dunno if it will help - type set-var on the slick command line, then enter def_file_types, then edit the string that is displayed and add ;icc to the end of the C++ list.

Graeme

pvonkaenel

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »
A quick answer - dunno if it will help - type set-var on the slick command line, then enter def_file_types, then edit the string that is displayed and add ;icc to the end of the C++ list.

Graeme

Fantastic!  That did the trick, and now I know how to modify the default file type extensions - bwah ha ha ... the power.

Peter

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
You can also edit the list of extensions through the GUI by going to Tools > Options > File Options > Files of Type Filters.

Of course, editing it by changing set-var does feel much more powerful, so you're free to choose your own way.  8)