Author Topic: Batch configuration change?  (Read 4635 times)

CrendKing

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Batch configuration change?
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
I use SlickEdit 14.0.0.7.

I would like to change all languages' minimum line number width from 1 to 3. Is there a way to do this without visiting the languages one by one? Because I may need to change other properties such as completion on space and so on. Can I do this by using command, like "for each language: change_line_number(...);"?

BTW, the quick start configuration wizard seems buggy. In the coding tab, I click "Set brace style for all languages", and choose a style, then OK. The next time I open this tab, the "Set brace style for all language" is remained disabled. It does not detect user's current configuration, seemingly.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: Batch configuration change?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »
There is not currently a way to change most settings for every language.  You could write your own macro to do so.  We currently have a feature request to implement an easy way to handle this situation.

Also, the Quick Start Coding issue is by design.  "Set brace style for all languages" is disabled, because we did not want to assume that you wanted to set a brace style for all languages.  Only by selecting that checkbox and then selecting which brace style you want do you confirm that you want to do that.  Otherwise, we just leave your settings alone.  We do not detect if your languages all have the same style.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
I also think that an 'Apply to all' checkbox/button would be a helpful thing.
@Sandra: Please add '1' to the feature request counter and/or post a macro (snippet) to do so by our ourselves.
Thanks, HS2

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
Counter ++  ;)

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
A facility that would allow changes to multiple languages was originally planned for SlickEdit 2009, but it had to be dropped out of time constraints. We will certainly look at that again for SlickEdit 2010.