Author Topic: Issue with workspace  (Read 1552 times)

BarberColman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Issue with workspace
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:22 pm »
Hi
I have a problem with that exactly a workspace is or contains. The issues is in one workspace the build and search output windows disappeared. I did not see an easy way to fix the issue so I tried other workspace's and they all now have the same problem. What is supposed to be stored in a workspace. I though things like windows and window location would be specific to a workspace. Does anyone have a good explanation of what is stored in a workspace and what is stored globally.  Plus how is this global data?

If I am missing the concept please let me know.

Also how do I get the build and search output windows back?

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Issue with workspace
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »
The set of open Tool Windows and their placement is a global setting that affects all workspaces. We consider that to be a user preference for what information you think is important and where you like to look for it, regardless of what codebase you are looking at. We do recognize that different tool windows may be useful when working with different languages, so we are looking to change this.

The set of editor windows that are open is controlled by the Workspace, depending on your settings in Options > Application Options > Auto Restore.

To restore those two windows, select View > Toolbars and put a check next to "Build" and "Search Results". If your windows are so messed up that you want to restore them to the default state/location, open the SlickEdit command line (press ESC in most emulations) and type "tbresetall", and press Enter.