Author Topic: Diffzilla not recognizing files as having the same name  (Read 1820 times)

dmw

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 15
Diffzilla not recognizing files as having the same name
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:39:48 pm »
I performed a diff across two different versions of a source tree.  Though there are files in each tree that have the same name, diffzilla is not recognizing them as such. See attached screenshot.  Any ideas on what I can do to get this to work?

This is on SlickEdit 14.0.0.7 (OS X) with the latest cumulative hotfixes installed.

UPDATE

I discovered that if I hit the 'refresh' button on the diff results window, it will actually compare the files, while still leaving the duplicate entries.  See second attached screenshot.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:49:59 pm by dmw »

carlpmiller

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Diffzilla not recognizing files as having the same name
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:21:49 pm »
I reported this to support back on April 13th. Although they said it was assigned to an engineer and are "working on it", I haven't heard back on its progress (support #'s CAS-50417-79M5 CRM:00350417).

I'd be curious to know what your environment is because I've only been using Slick on OS X and I happen to have a case-sensitive file system that this *always* happens on. It's really annoying and other folks see it and start wondering what I'm actually diff'g because of the same messed up display issues you mentioned. Definitely wasn't there two releases ago, never upgraded to SE 2008 so not sure if it was there or not.

Exact same actions too - click Refresh modified files only and it'll actually do the compare and display the duplicates as well when done.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Diffzilla not recognizing files as having the same name
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:15 pm »
Sorry that this took so long, but we have finally figured out the problem and corrected it. This will be included in a new release candidate that we will be releasing soon, v14.0.1.2.