Author Topic: clearcase command line run as its own process?  (Read 4064 times)

shague

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
clearcase command line run as its own process?
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:19:30 pm »
Is there a way to configure the source control commands to run as their own process and stay resident?

We use Clearcase but most of the commands are wrapped with scripts. I created a new source control system and added all the command line calls for each of the source control command (checking, checkout,etc).

The difference command eventually runs as "cleartool diff -graphical -pre %f". This starts up diff, but stalls SlickEdit while the diff command is open. I have to close the diff to get back to SlickEdit.

So, is there a way to get the diff started and still be able to use SlickEdit? I tried adding & to the command line, but that does nto work - the shell starts and then exits.

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: clearcase command line run as its own process?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:11:30 pm »
The simplest way is probably to have SlickEdit run a script, and have the script launch your tool.  When the script finishes running, SlickEdit will regain control.  The graphical tool launched by the script will still be running.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 291
Re: clearcase command line run as its own process?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:31:17 pm »
I'm using a few clearcase features wrapped by some tiny Slick-C macros in addition to the std. SCC interface.
This might be a simple starter:
Code: [Select]
_command void ccexplorer () name_info (','VSARG2_READ_ONLY|VSARG2_REQUIRES_EDITORCTL)
{
   cmdline:="clearexplorer.exe " :+ strip_filename (p_buf_name, 'NE');
   shell (cmdline,"AP");
}

It simply launches the CC explorer showing the dir of the current buffer w/o waiting for it to exit (see the 'shell' command params)
If you want to run your cleartool based scripts in SE's build window, see the 'concur_command' function.

Good luck,
HS2