Author Topic: slickedit plugin package links-style installation  (Read 6749 times)

kevin.w.zhang

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
slickedit plugin package links-style installation
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
Hi, ryan, my company recently bought the slickedit core version for elipse. I'm the software package engineer of SW environment. I try to integrate the slickedit function into windriver workbench PNE IDE environment. So I follow your step-by-step guide to do installation work. This means needs me to fill the remote-site URL, download plugin package and then finish the final installation. Comparatively, I have some other plugins, which only need me make use of common links style to do installation. That's to mean, once you have a plugin package, you just copy the package into any directory and create a link file in the IDE platform eclipse directory. Starting the IDE eclipse environment, it will find the plugin and auto-load the plugin function. So if slickedit could provide this function,  or as a new guy I have not found the existing function you have provided. Pls kindly tell me how to take me out. Thanks.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: slickedit plugin package links-style installation
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »
Hi Kevin,

I talked with one of our support people and they have set up an FTP folder for you to retrieve the offline installation files for Core 3.3.1.  Normally customers just use these zip files to manually install SlickEdit Core into their Eclipse environment so that they don't have to use the update site.  You are trying to set up your environment by making use of a link file, which should still be fine. 

Basically when you extract the zip file you will find the features and plugins directories for SlickEdit Core, and you will want to put these into a PARENT_DIR/eclipse/ folder somewhere so that you have PARENT_DIR/eclipse/plugins and PARENT_DIR/eclipse/features.  Then in the links folder of your actual Eclipse installation, create your .link file to point to PARENT_DIR and you should be all set.  Hope this helps.

- Ryan