Author Topic: Debugger Doesn't "Jump" to Current Line  (Read 6078 times)

slikuser

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Debugger Doesn't "Jump" to Current Line
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
I am using SlikEdit Core 3.4.0 with Eclipse 3.4.1. I am writing C++ code on Windows under Cygwin and debugging with GDB 6.3.5. When I step into a function, SlikEdit doesn't automatically jump to the "current" line -- rather it just opens at the top of the file. Double clocking on the callstack sometimes takes me to the current line (and sometimes not). I am evaluating SlikEdit Core for our team, and this bug makes the tool pretty much a non-starter. The default Eclipse editor doesn't have this problem.

BTW: like others I was surprised at the lack of "mouse over" support for variable values, and right clicking to add to watch. These features are a "must" IMHO.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Debugger Doesn't "Jump" to Current Line
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
When I step into a function, SlikEdit doesn't automatically jump to the "current" line -- rather it just opens at the top of the file.

This problem has been hotfixed for 3.4.0.  Close Eclipse and backup your ECLIPSEDIR/plugins/com.slickedit.core_3.4.0/SlickEditCore.jar file.  Save the attached version to the same directory and start up Eclipse.  You should not see this behavior anymore.

BTW: like others I was surprised at the lack of "mouse over" support for variable values, and right clicking to add to watch. These features are a "must" IMHO.

Among loads of other improvements, these features have already been implemented for the upcoming SlickEdit Core 3.5.0 for C/C++, Java, and PHP.  Perhaps using the Variables and Expressions views until then might work for you.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

slikuser

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Debugger Doesn't "Jump" to Current Line
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:02:57 PM »
The patch seems to fix the problem. Thanks for the quick response.