Author Topic: Macros not being selected properly  (Read 4820 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Macros not being selected properly
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »
I've set up a bunch of macros for code formatting and named them.  When I want to change to a different macro, I get the list of macros and run the one I want.  Now I want to run it again repeatedly but when I hit F8 (run last macro) it runs the first macro in the list (which is the wrong macro).

Can this be fixed?  What would be a workaround?

jorick

Re: Macros not being selected properly
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »
I just noticed that it's running the last macro recorded.  This means I have to rerecord every single macro that I want to use.  This makes macros totally useless to me.

I do not want to bind the macro to a keystroke.  I just want to select the named macro from a list and execute it multiple times.

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
Just off the top of my head - could you set an environment variable in each of the macros in question, then create a NEW macro that runs the desired macro based on the state of the environment variable?  Then you could bind that one master macro to a keystroke or combo and achieve nearly the same results.  It's not exactly what your after, but....

Jim

jorick

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »
Unfortunately, running under Windows XP makes environment variables a nightmare.  In order to get SlickEdit to see the new environment variable setting, I have to close it and then reopen it.

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »
How about picking a single key combination and re-bind it whichever macro you want to use at the moment.  I just tried it and it's pretty easy to switch back and forth.

- Tim

jorick

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
That works pretty well.  Thanks for the idea!