Author Topic: 14.0.1.2: line numbers truncated  (Read 4353 times)

kchalmer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
14.0.1.2: line numbers truncated
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:34:53 pm »
For some reason line numbers are getting truncated for me once they enter the triple-digit range.  I've tried both vs and vs_sharedxft, different fonts (fixed and proportional), and playing with the window left margin (in Appearance -> General) - nothing seems to fix it.  Hopefully the attached picture is worth another 1000 words :)

This is on Ubuntu 9.04 (switched to use KDE instead of Gnome - didn't have a Kubuntu CD handy), running SlickEdit 14.0.1.2 with hotfix revision 8.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 35
Re: 14.0.1.2: line numbers truncated
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:28:37 pm »
Do the line numbers still get truncated if you scroll down or do they ever right themselves?  For instance, if you scroll down to around line 500, do you correctly see all three digits?  What happens if you get near the 1000th line?

As a temporary work around, you could increase the minimum line number width to 3 (or 4 or more).  This will cause the line number area to take up more space, but the numbers should show up properly.

Thanks for the bug report and help figuring this out.

kchalmer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:08 pm »
1. Nope, the line numbers never recover...even after line 1000, I only get the first two digits (I don't have any 10000+ line source files in my project to check, fortunately ;))

2. Enabling line numbers under [ Tools -> Options -> Languages -> Applications Languages -> C/C++ -> View ] and setting the minimum width to anything (even 1) fixes the problem!  I had just been enabling them temporarily with the View -> Line Numbers menu item.

Thanks for your help Sandra, this gives me a perfectly usable workaround for now.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:14 pm »
Excellent.  As a further update, this will be fixed in the next release.

Barak

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »
I'm running 14.0.2.2 and I still have the problem - I can only set it to a width of 3 or more or I can only see 2 digits of the line numbers, setting it to 1 truncates the file I'm looking at, but fixes some other files at the same time.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:44:13 pm »
I haven't been able to reproduce this.  So when you set the width to 3 or more, you see all the digits just fine.  But when you set it to 1, it truncates the current file, but when you switch to other files, they're as they should be?  What language are working with?