Author Topic: "Invalid Object handle" error file=toolbar.ex offset 7689  (Read 3524 times)

slickkar

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
"Invalid Object handle" error file=toolbar.ex offset 7689
« on: June 25, 2009, 05:53:01 pm »
Hello Vslick users,

Out of the blue I started getting these errors on slick edit "SlickEdit Version 11.0.1". This happens every time I open the search window , resize any window, close/open vslick or open any tool bar. I even uninstalled 11.0.1 and completely installed a new vslick "14.0.0.7" but still the issue persists. I dont know whether something has to be corrected in the windows registry to take care of this. I am using vslick edit on windows XP.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks
Karthik

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: "Invalid Object handle" error file=toolbar.ex offset 7689
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
I suspect that renaming/deleting vrestore.slk from your config directory will stop the error.  Perhaps the saved window information describes some toolbar sizes that can't fit on the screen, or something like that.

A complete Slick-C stack could make it easier to guess what is happening.  The offset 7689 is specific to whatever version of SE it came from, which I guess is either 11.0.1 with unknown hotfixes, or 14.0.0.7 with unknown hotfixes, and it means something different in either case.

slickkar

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: "Invalid Object handle" error file=toolbar.ex offset 7689
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:24:04 pm »
thanks chrisant for the Tip.

Actually I removed the configuration folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\My Documents\My SlickEdit Config\11.0.1" and this problem went away. Don't know how it really solved.

Thanks
Karthik