Author Topic: SE stack on project change  (Read 2054 times)

dunkers

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 606
  • Hero Points: 27
SE stack on project change
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:34:44 pm »
I'd just run up a new project for SE14.2 macros, made some changes (unloaded macros no longer needed which we still being referenced from a SE13 install) then switched back to my working project. SE came up with:

Code: [Select]
Procedure edit-file not found
vc.ex 18743 vc:window_edit2(+L +BP -N -N -E -LF +LE +U:32000 +fautounicode -L:500  -w +le +ftext  D:\Ocean\source\vip004\debug.pas)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
vc.ex 19215 window_edit(+L +BP -N -N -E -LF +LE +U:32000 +fautounicode -L:500  -w +le +ftext  D:\Ocean\source\vip004\debug.pas,32)   p_window_id: 85   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
files.ex 2915 files:edit2(-w   +le +ftext  "D:\Ocean\source\vip004\debug.pas",32,0)   p_window_id: 85   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
files.ex 392 edit(-w   +le +ftext  "D:\Ocean\source\vip004\debug.pas",32,0)   p_window_id: 85   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
restore.ex 3968 restore:process_buffer(BN="..\..\vip004\debug.pas",,
   3:   MA=1 74 1  TABS=1 5  WWS=1 IWT=0 ST=0 IN=2 BW=0 US=32000 RO=0 SE=1 SN=0 BIN=0 MN=Pascal HM=0 MF=0 TL=0 MLL=0 ASE=0 LNL=6 LCF=0 CAPS=0 E=0 ESBU2=1 CL="" SC="" SCE= SCU=
   4:   D:\Ocean\source\shg\slickedit\
   5:   0
   p_window_id: 5
   p_object: OI_FORM
   p_name:
restore.ex 1044 restore:restore2(,D:\Ocean\source\shg\slickedit\,1,1)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
restore.ex 422 restore(,85,D:\Ocean\source\shg\slickedit\,1,1)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
wkspace.ex 4616 workspace_open(D:\Ocean\source\shg\slickedit\VIP004 ViViewerPro.vpw,,,1,1)   p_window_id: 82 (invalid)

I closed and restarted SE and although it says it has workspace open I can't see any edit windows. Attempting to open a new edit window gives the stack above. Changing to another project gives the stack too.

dunkers

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 606
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: SE stack on project change
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:13:24 pm »
Ok, figured this one out. The cause is a macro I had loaded : userWindow_Share.e which gave quick multi-edit window layouts. I tried this back in SE 13 days but don't actually use it now. Nevertheless, each upgrad of SE had been faithfully reloading it.

The cause was when I unloaded the macro. It had replaced the standard edit_file() function, so when it was removed there was nothing to handle the call. The fix was to reload the saveload.e macro. Similarly, the _on_resize() function had been trapped and required moveedge.e reloading to replace it.

keegansj

  • New Community Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: SE stack on project change
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:48 pm »
Ok, figured this one out. The cause is a macro I had loaded : userWindow_Share.e which gave quick multi-edit window layouts. I tried this back in SE 13 days but don't actually use it now. Nevertheless, each upgrad of SE had been faithfully reloading it.

The cause was when I unloaded the macro. It had replaced the standard edit_file() function, so when it was removed there was nothing to handle the call. The fix was to reload the saveload.e macro. Similarly, the _on_resize() function had been trapped and required moveedge.e reloading to replace it.
Posting to let you know that this has just helped me out. I came across the same macro today while trying to handle multiple file windows. It looked like it fit the bill and I tried it. It didn't work very well (should have checked the dates more closely), and I unloaded it. Your fix saved me from spending any more time looking for a fix.

dunkers

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 606
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: SE stack on project change
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:40:41 am »
Glad it helped. Maybe that macro should come with a health warning :)