Author Topic: SUGGESTION: Macro collection  (Read 10235 times)

srouleau

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
SUGGESTION: Macro collection
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:01:10 PM »
I know it'd be more work for you guys, but maybe it'd be worthwhile to have a moderated forum where the various macros / 'hacks' to built-in macros are regrouped, so they're easier to find.

just feeling lazy :)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: SUGGESTION: Macro collection
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »
I know it'd be more work for you guys, but maybe it'd be worthwhile to have a moderated forum where the various macros / 'hacks' to built-in macros are regrouped, so they're easier to find.

just feeling lazy :)

I think you have a good point.  There seems to be lots of code snippets being posted (especially by the hard working HS2).  It's a shame they can't all be together somewhere.  Maybe there should be a long-running sticky thread in the macros forum that is restricted to the posting of actual code, instead of them being interspersed with general discussion threads.  Or else, the subject line of posts with useful macros or hacks of slickedit code in them could have a special tag  e.g. MACRO-CODE.  Or both.

Graeme

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:50:47 AM »
This might by a good idea.

/signed

HS2

PS: Thanks a lot Graeme, but there is some more good guys (as YOU) here !

considerphi

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »
However, the discussion that goes with the macro is usually really useful. Especially since people are using varied versions of SlickEdit and if someone knows a particular macro doesn't work with a particular version, or has been incorporated into slickedit already, it would be nice to know. Also I'd like to know if a macro doesn't work as expected. So threads that start with the macro and then comments and reviews by users who've tried it would be great!