Author Topic: Multiple Build/Cmd windows  (Read 4896 times)

teleball

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Multiple Build/Cmd windows
« on: August 16, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
I would like to have multiple cmd windows open in Slickedit (like a tabbed cmd windows solution). I assume the way to do this is with build windows, but I can't quite figure out how to do this. Ideally, I would like each of these windows/tabs named, and in the main buffer window...

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Multiple Build/Cmd windows
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
I afraid this is currently not supported and would require quite a few changes in macro and probably binary code of SE. You should email support on this.
HS2

ehab

• Hero Points: 15
  • coding with SE is like playing music
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
i recall that if you change projects the cmd line becomes the current project dir or something and is useful that way. Imagine you have several cmd windows for different projects not only managing them will be a nightmare but also pron to mistakes.

maybe you can lookat such tool like http://www.powercmd.com/ i once used it to build an environment and their support was quite prompt, but i did get crashes now and then since the build takes at least 40 mins or more and the log can be endless...

: ) just my comment

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
JPSoftware's TakeCommand offers multiple consoles in a tabbed interface, very stable, much richer than cmd.exe.
www.jpsoft.com

ehab

• Hero Points: 15
  • coding with SE is like playing music
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »
tnxs Wanderer maybe i'll use the JP software.