Author Topic: Next Word  (Read 4068 times)

brief

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Next Word
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:18:23 am »
When I press Ctrl+LeftArrow, I'd expect the cursor to advance to the next word to the left.  The same action for the Ctrl+RightArrow, move the cursor to the right, one word.  That is how it work on my Win machine.

My Ubuntu machine does nothing for Ctrl+LeftArrow or Ctrl+RightArrow.

They both have the same emulation modes & settings.

How do I get SE to advance the cursor right, when Ctrl+RightArrow is pressed?

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 327
Re: Next Word
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:15:04 am »
If you type next-word on the slickedit command line, does the cursor move to the next word?  What about prev-word.

Is Ctrl+RightArrow bound to next-word  - use the keybindings dialog to check.

Graeme

brief

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
next-word & prev-word, both work.  I don't know about binding.  I gather I can bind a command to a keystroke.  I see reference to binding, on some of the "www stuff", but I have not had any success trying to do it.  Is there a binding tool that I invoke from the SE cmd-line?

Any idea how to do the ctrl-up/down operations?  I tried to run a "next-function" & "next-func" @ SE cmd-line, but there is no such SE cmd.

brief

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:03:37 am »
I found the tools>Options>keyBindings window.  It is telling me ctrl-right & left are already bound to CtrlRightArrow & CtrlLeftArrow.  But those key combinations don't do anything when pressed.  So they are bound "correctly" but don't do anything.
How do I turn-on??? the key combination?

Thanks

brief

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:12:55 am »
I found it, another app has remapped the ctrl key for its own use.  So I do have Ctrl-RightArrow & Ctrl-LeftArrow.  The up/down arrows appear to be working as well.
So I guess my problem was just the remapped ctrl key.

Thanks for the help.