Author Topic: SlickEdit "Standalone" settings in Eclipse  (Read 13551 times)

brebey

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
SlickEdit "Standalone" settings in Eclipse
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »
I use SE 12.0.3 as my standalone text editor, and am trying out Trial Version the Eclipse plugin (v.3.3.1, apparently).

Is there a way to migrate my SE 12 macros, key bindings, color schemes, etc. such that my SE Core plug-in can use them in Eclipse?

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
Re: SlickEdit "Standalone" settings in Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
First close all running instances of both SlickEdit and SlickEdit Core.

You should be able to copy the file vusrdefs.e from the standalone SlickEdit configuration directory (located by going to Help > About SlickEdit) and paste a copy in to the SlickEdit Core configuration directory (located by going to Help > About SlickEdit Core), the path should be similar to "C:\Users\brebey\Documents\My SlickEdit Core Config\3.4.0\"

After the file has been copied you will need to load it on the SlickEdit command line, which can be activated by pressing Esc in most emulation.  Simply enter the path to the new vusrdefs.e file surrounded by double quotes like:

"C:\Users\brebey\Documents\My SlickEdit Core Config\3.4.0\vusrdefs.e"

and then press Enter.  This will load the new vusrdefs.e file which contains color codings and key bindings.  Hope this helps!

-Ashley

brebey

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »
Worked like a charm!  My custom macros all work, and the whole bit.  Thanks!

What's NOT working are the tiling commands (create-tile and delete-tile) while in the standalone version split the current editor window in the direction of the next arrow key that's pressed (or merge them, in the case of delete-tile).  These do nothing in FlexBuilder/SlickEdit Core.  Are these commands broken, or do I have something wrong?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:17:24 PM by brebey »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
Yea, the split window commands (up until 3.5) were disabled for the Eclipse plug-in.  We had no facility to programmatically split editor windows in Eclipse.  In 3.5 we added support for a lot of these commands - hsplit-window, vsplit-window, move-above, etc., so we could probably add support for the *-tile commands now.  I will file a feature request for this, but unfortunately it wouldn't be available in Core 3.4.0  :(.

- Ryan

brebey

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 01:18:07 AM »
It would sure be nice to have!  Being able to see two module on-screen at once is invaluable in many cases.

Thanks, Ryan!

ronen.bitan

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:13:51 PM »
First close all running instances of both SlickEdit and SlickEdit Core.

You should be able to copy the file vusrdefs.e from the standalone SlickEdit configuration directory (located by going to Help > About SlickEdit) and paste a copy in to the SlickEdit Core configuration directory (located by going to Help > About SlickEdit Core), the path should be similar to "C:\Users\brebey\Documents\My SlickEdit Core Config\3.4.0\"

After the file has been copied you will need to load it on the SlickEdit command line, which can be activated by pressing Esc in most emulation.  Simply enter the path to the new vusrdefs.e file surrounded by double quotes like:

"C:\Users\brebey\Documents\My SlickEdit Core Config\3.4.0\vusrdefs.e"

and then press Enter.  This will load the new vusrdefs.e file which contains color codings and key bindings.  Hope this helps!

-Ashley

Didn't work for me  :-[

brebey

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:57:17 PM »
Below you mentioned that you might be able to add support for the *_tile commands (and presumably the supporting cast like move_edge, window_left/right, etc.).  Any progress?  I'm using the 3.5 Core now and those commands appear to be unsupported still. 

Yea, the split window commands (up until 3.5) were disabled for the Eclipse plug-in.  We had no facility to programmatically split editor windows in Eclipse.  In 3.5 we added support for a lot of these commands - hsplit-window, vsplit-window, move-above, etc., so we could probably add support for the *-tile commands now.  I will file a feature request for this, but unfortunately it wouldn't be available in Core 3.4.0  :(.

- Ryan

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »
Attached is a hotfix which provides support for create-tile (if you are using Core 3.5.0).  delete-tile is a little more complicated, though...there is already an existing feature request to support that command in our next release.

Backup your existing copy of ECLIPSEDIR/plugins/com.slickedit.windows.libs_3.5.0/slickedit/macros/window.e, save the attached to the same directory, and load via Macro > Load Module.

- Ryan

EDIT:  window-left/right, hsplit-window, vsplit-window, etc. will all work in Core 3.5.0, however these will not work in an Eclipse 3.3.x-based IDE (like Flex Builder 3)...see my reply in this thread: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=5573.0 .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:33:09 PM by Ryan »