Author Topic: F1 help index help  (Read 3338 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
F1 help index help
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:03:10 PM »
Although F1 index help appears in the SE help if one cares to look, the help button on the F1 index help dialog says it doesn't, so one tends not to look. When F1 index help has gone AWOL it's the button route that one normally takes.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
Re: F1 help index help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
Sorry if I'm being dense, but could you be more specific? This feature appears to work as it is supposed to. When I put the cursor in a keyword in the editor and press F1, I get the Help Index dialog with that keyword entered in the the Help Keyword field. This is the same dialog I would get if I select Help > F1 Index Help.

From that dialog, when I click the Help button, I get the correct help topic, which describes how to use and configure this dialog. I don't see anything in the topic about this feature not working.

dunkers

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
It's the help button in the dialog you get if you hit "Help|Configure F1 index file..." Sorry, slightly lacking precision on my part.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realize you were on the Options screen. Yup, that's a broken link. We'll run it down. In the meantime, you can open Help > Index from the main menu and type in "F1". That will take you to the two entries on that topic.