Author Topic: Losing my custom toolbars  (Read 3837 times)

mcconne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Losing my custom toolbars
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:36:14 pm »
Hi, for some inexplicable reason I occasionally lose all my custom toolbars (and all traces of them) in SlickEdit which can be a terribly cumbersome to recreate. I see that the new Import/Export settings in SlickEdit 14.0.2.2 does not support custom toolbars, so I'm wondering if anyone might know of an easy way I can backup the necessary files -- whatever they might be -- in my configuration and then restore them again if/when this happens again ?? Thanks much for any suggestions......

mcconne

• Community Member
Re: Losing my custom toolbars
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:13:16 am »
Aha, so it seems that whenever I move my custom toolbar such that I get a Slick-C stack trace I then lose my custom toolbar. It doesn't even show up in the list of toolbars so I can't get it to redisplay that way. Unfortunately, I can only reproduce this problem when I'm not trying to. Does anyone know of a way I can retrieve my custom toolbar without having to recreate manually ?? Thanks

sdonepudi

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 03:58:57 pm »
What I have observed is whenever I upgrade new Slickedit I loose them

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:58:50 pm »
We have addressed the problem with custom toolbars and menu customizations being lost during an upgrade. The change for this was introduced in SlickEdit 2009, so you should see these preserved when you upgrade to SlickEdit 2010.

We're working to add the capability to export custom toolbars from the Options screen, but that will be part of SlickEdit 2010. Sorry, I don't have a solution for your problem at this time.

mcconne

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »
Hi ScottW, thanks much for your frank reply -- the capability to export custom toolbars from the Options screen in 2010 would be a welcome addition for me as I already use this function to backup my configuration(s).....