Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit® Core for Eclipse

Split Window with Brief Emulation

(1/2) > >>

brad:
I Just installed the trial version of slick edit core and I am using Brief emulation.

When I try to split a window with F3 followed by an arrow key all that happens is that the cursor moves.

I installed a trial version of the standalone slick edit and the window splitting works as expected.  When you press F3 a message appears at the bottom of the screen that says "point to edge for new window with cursor keys". When you press a cursor key a new window is created. 

Both products have F3 mapped to create-tile.

I tried using the command window to execute create-tile.  In the standalone version it works.  In the core version it displays the message "command is disabled for this object" near the bottom of the screen.

Ryan:
Yea...those commands were previously disabled because we didn't have the capabilities to split windows in Eclipse.  See my last post in this thread: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=5185.0 .  Tomorrow I am going to see what I can do to implement support for these in a hotfix.  Can't promise anything, but I would check back tomorrow.

- Ryan

brad:
Ryan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It will be great if you can get it working.  It seems like with the fact that hsplit-window, vsplit-window, move-above, etc are working it should not be too hard. Thanks for your efforts. 

I used the original BRIEF back in 1984 and  then switched to BRIEF emulation with Codewright.  It is  great to have BRIEF emulation in a live product again.

Brad

Ryan:
This should get you create-tile working.  Just save the attached macro file, and load it via Macro > Load Module..., or open it in Eclipse and hit F12 (in most emulations).  delete-tile is going to require a bit more work...I'll keep you posted.  Let me know if you have any problems with this.

- Ryan

brad:
Ryan,

That works.  I am looking forward to delete-tile.

Thank you very much.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version