Author Topic: Split Window with Brief Emulation  (Read 22699 times)

brad

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Split Window with Brief Emulation
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:54:46 PM »
I Just installed the trial version of slick edit core and I am using Brief emulation.

When I try to split a window with F3 followed by an arrow key all that happens is that the cursor moves.

I installed a trial version of the standalone slick edit and the window splitting works as expected.  When you press F3 a message appears at the bottom of the screen that says "point to edge for new window with cursor keys". When you press a cursor key a new window is created. 

Both products have F3 mapped to create-tile.

I tried using the command window to execute create-tile.  In the standalone version it works.  In the core version it displays the message "command is disabled for this object" near the bottom of the screen.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Split Window with Brief Emulation
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:53:01 AM »
Yea...those commands were previously disabled because we didn't have the capabilities to split windows in Eclipse.  See my last post in this thread: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=5185.0 .  Tomorrow I am going to see what I can do to implement support for these in a hotfix.  Can't promise anything, but I would check back tomorrow.

- Ryan

brad

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
Ryan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It will be great if you can get it working.  It seems like with the fact that hsplit-window, vsplit-window, move-above, etc are working it should not be too hard. Thanks for your efforts. 

I used the original BRIEF back in 1984 and  then switched to BRIEF emulation with Codewright.  It is  great to have BRIEF emulation in a live product again.

Brad

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
This should get you create-tile working.  Just save the attached macro file, and load it via Macro > Load Module..., or open it in Eclipse and hit F12 (in most emulations).  delete-tile is going to require a bit more work...I'll keep you posted.  Let me know if you have any problems with this.

- Ryan

brad

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »
Ryan,

That works.  I am looking forward to delete-tile.

Thank you very much.

Brad

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
I don't think delete-tile is going to be hotfixable :(.  I think you will have to use the window navigation commands (window-left, window-right, etc.) in conjunction with close-window or some other command to close an editor window as a work around.  We already have a feature request to get this implemented for our next release.

- Ryan

brad

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Ryan,

OK, I will use close-window for now and look forward to the next release.

Thanks,

Brad

dduplessis

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 04:04:02 PM »
Hi Ryan,

I realize this is an old thread. I am using the trial version of SE Core, using eclipse 4.5.2

I am using Brief emulation, and F3 split window does not work.

Was this ever fixed? Is it even possible to split multiple times with F3 in SE Core? If not, I can't/don't want to use it, since that functionality is very important to me.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Due to API differences within Eclipse, those commands no longer function and work around is currently unavailable.  The issue has been logged and will try to address it at some future date.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

dduplessis

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »
Thanks for the response. That is a bummer, since it will prevent me from purchasing the Core Edition. Back to CodeWright I go :(