Author Topic: Java Script Outline Parsing missing (qooxdoo)  (Read 6295 times)

blueboy

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Java Script Outline Parsing missing (qooxdoo)
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:52:53 AM »
Hi,

I'm using eclipse core plugin with eclipse galileo (3.5) and I can't see any
informations in outline window with java script. Used JS framework is qooxdoo!

PHP works fine.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Java Script Outline Parsing missing (qooxdoo)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »
The first thing I would check is to make sure that your JavaScript files are tagged.  Do they belong to a project in your workspace?  You can retag only the active project by going to Project > Retag Project, or you could retag everything with Tools > Retag Workspace.

After you have done this, open up the tag files dialog at Tools > Tag Files, select the appropriate project tag file in the left pane (they will be listed under the 'Workspace Tag Files' category), and look for your JavaScript files in the list in right pane.  If they are not there then they are not being tagged, and this is a different problem.

If they are listed (and you confirm that you still aren't seeing tagging information in the Outline view), the next thing I would do is make sure that you haven't turned on any special filters.  Right-click in the Outline view and do Quick filters > Show all tags.  Any luck?

If it's still not working, then is it possible for you to post one of the offending files here so that I could take a look myself?

- Ryan

blueboy

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Java Script Outline Parsing missing (qooxdoo)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Hi Ryan,

it isn't a problem of the tag handling, tagging itself works fine, but the qooxdoo
syntax (e.g. qx.Class.define("classname, {});) isn't known, so I must write a
vs-x-list-tags or x-proc-search function in SlickEdit-C or as external dll.

BR
Robert