Author Topic: What Version Works with Eclipse 3.3?  (Read 10955 times)

acgattegno

What Version Works with Eclipse 3.3?
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
I'm soon going to be embarking on a journey with RSA 7.0 (Eclipse 3.3 based).

Is there a SE version that will work with that?

We have RSA 7.5 in-house being evaluated, but I don't think I'll be able to wait for that.

Thanks.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: What Version Works with Eclipse 3.3?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
Yea, that would be Slickedit Core 3.3.1...which is based on SlickEdit v12.  The update site URL isn't on the download page because I think we only keep one previous version up there, but I believe this is the right one (for use in the Eclipse Update Manager): https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore/ .

- Ryan

acgattegno

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:10:33 PM »
Do I need to have v12 installed for this to work?  If so, with v12 sit side-by-side with v14?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Do I need to have v12 installed for this to work?

No...SlickEdit Core does not require SlickEdit to run.  Each version of SlickEdit Core is based on a particular version of SlickEdit, and ships with those libraries.

- Ryan

acgattegno

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
Thanks for the help.

Does the Update URL you referenced contain the entire 3.3 package or just an update?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »
The whole product.

acgattegno

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
hmmm...when I browse to that URL, I see a single, 8k jar file.

When I put that URL into the RSA update manager I'm getting:

Network connection problems encountered during search.
  Unable to access "https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore".
    Unable to access site: "https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore" [Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address]
    Unable to access site: "https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore" [Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address]

This may be a factor of the office firewall -- it if uses FTP, it won't work.

I'll retry it from home tonight.

Alternatively, if the 8k jar is the entire package or an installer, can I just drop it into a directory somewhere?

Thanks again.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Don't worry about browsing the the URL...update sites really aren't meant for that, they are to be accessed by the Update Manager in Eclipse.

I just tried installing from that URL as a test, and it worked...so it could certainly be a restriction on your office network.  If this is determined to the be culprit, I believe we have an offline installer that we can send you, but you'll have to contact product support to get that.

- Ryan

acgattegno

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »
I eventually found where to set up the instal/update proxy settings and was able to get to the installation page.

Unfortunately, I'm getting an error "Serena Team Plugin (3.0.1) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.team.core (2.0.0)", or compatible.

At this point, I know it's beyond the realm of SE issues.  I'll sort this out (hopefully).

Given the choice between SE as my editor or PVCS integration, I'd take the former; I may have to figure out how to uninstall the Serena integration.

Unfortunately, this is my first venture into RSA after decades as a Windows programmer.