Author Topic: Problem about project dependency detection.  (Read 3704 times)

ablmf

  • Guest
Problem about project dependency detection.
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:39:59 am »
I create two project in slickedit, A is for exe, the other, B,  is for a static library.  A have to link B.

In project dependency, I checked the option to have A depends on B.  So when B is modified, A is compile again.

BUT, I found that slick edit could not detect that the libB.a is modified, so it doesn't re-link A.

The only way is to rebuild A completely.

What mistakes did I made?  Or it's the only way to handle static libraries?

Lee

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1299
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Problem about project dependency detection.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:59:09 pm »
Could you provide more info?  If you could zip up the workspace and project and attach it here, it would help if we knew exactly how your projects are configured.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:00:52 pm by Lee »

ablmf

  • Guest
Re: Problem about project dependency detection.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:38:54 am »
I can not give you the source code, but I can give you the workspace and project file.

ablmf

  • Guest
Re: Problem about project dependency detection.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 04:43:04 am »
Could you provide more info?  If you could zip up the workspace and project and attach it here, it would help if we knew exactly how your projects are configured.

In the workspace, you can see that project vivs_hvr_test depends on vivs_hvr, and vivs_hvr depends on vivs_core.

Lee

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1299
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Problem about project dependency detection.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:04:08 pm »
Project and workspace look correct,  I can't see any obvious problems.  As long as the project with the dependencies is the active project, it should rebuild the dependent projects.  There could be a problem with the dependency generation in the build.  You might want to delete any *.vpb files in the Debug/Release directories, and do a complete rebuild.  That will ensure that the dependency files are up-to-date.