Author Topic: How to add a new Build toolbar window  (Read 3726 times)

tsinhi

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
How to add a new Build toolbar window
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:05 am »
Hi,
Can i add a new build toolbar window ?

I want to add a new build toolbar  windows by main menu [Option->Apperence->toobars->New],but i can not get it!

thanks!

Scott H

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Re: How to add a new Build toolbar window
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 02:32:53 pm »
If you click the "New..." button, you should get a dialog to enter a name for the toolbar.  If you type in "My Build" and click ok, it should add an entry in the toolbars list for it, and give you a blank toolbar titled "My Build" (see the attached screenshot).  Are you getting the new toolbar window?  If not, try double clicking on the name in the toolbars list.  If you do see it, you can then go to the Categories tab and select the category of button(s) you want, then drag and drop them onto the new toolbar. 

tsinhi

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:17:15 am »
thanks Scott

I've got the new toolbar windows (" My Build"),,
 can I add a edit window to "My build"  which act as "Build window "

tsinhi

Scott H

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 12:14:56 pm »
No, you can't add an edit window to that.  A toolbar is just a collection of buttons which call specific commands.  You can make your own custom toolbars (like "My Build") that may include some of your favorite commands, then you can dock them or whatever you want.   It sounds like you want to make a custom tool window, which is a fully functioning "dialog" that can be docked like the defs tool window or the project tool window.  To do that, select Macro > New Form... on the main menu and that will bring up the dialog editor.  You can then put whatever controls you want on the dialog, like an edit control.  To make it a tool window, set the tool_window property of the new dialog to true.  Making your own dialogs in SlickEdit is covered in the help by clicking Help > Contents, then going to "Slick-C Macro Programming Guide" > "Creating Dialog Boxes".