Author Topic: NOD32 recognizes javascript.tagdoc file as virus in middle of 11.01 installation  (Read 4749 times)

SyRenity

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hi.

Eset's NOD32 with the latest signatures recognizes javascript.tagdoc as macro virus, and deletes it's in the middle of the Windows 11.01 SlickEdit installation, which causes it to fail. Only when the AMON (Antivirus Monitor) is disabled, the installation can be completed. (Thought, the file will be detected as a virus and deleted the moment the monitor is enabled back).

http://www.eset.com/

Regards.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 438
I would suggest contacting Eset, sending them javascript.tagdoc, and letting them know that their system is producing a false positive.  They may be able to add it to their exception list.

SyRenity

• Community Member
Hi.

Unfortunately, NOD32 has removed already the file again, so I will do so on the next re-install. By the way, is this file required for anything except for JS?

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 438
javascript.tagdoc exists only so that we can provide better comment help for JavaScript builtins with Context Tagging.  If you aren't doing JavaScript, it won't matter if it's missing.

intersense

• New Community Member
you can just exclude the installed path from your nod32 antivirus system.
I successfully install slickedit with nod32 running.
Good luck