Author Topic: could I save the output of vsdebugio to file?  (Read 3176 times)

taozou

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
could I save the output of vsdebugio to file?
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:56:10 am »
I'm a new user to slickedit.  Could I save the content of vsdebugio output to a file? The output of vsdebugio windows can't be copied or other operation. Is it possible to save it? I tried to find the options in debug options, but it seems no options connecting to it.  Could you give me some advice? Thanks.

taozou

Re: could I save the output of vsdebugio to file?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:57 am »
BTW, I used the slickedit to run simulator, every time I run the debug command from menu, vsdebugio will be launched automatically.

taozou

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:02:09 am »
 :(  Could anyone give me hints so I could tune the vsdebugio behavior to save its output to file?  How could I ? thanks.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 323
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:15:01 am »
What language are you debugging?

How do you launch the debugger?

Exactly what data are you trying to capture?

taozou

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:53:35 am »
c language.
I use slickedit to launch a simulator, application running on simulator will output some debug msg, I want to save the output from those application.
I use debug->start to launch the simluator, the following is finding by ps

369 24546  0 16:39 pts/22   00:00:00 /usr/bin/xterm -T ./apps/visual_slickedit/Linux/13.0.2/bin/vsdebugio -e ./apps/visual_slickedit/Linux/13.0.2/bin/vsdebugio -port 8001 -prog simulator.exe

Is it possible to save the output of vsdebugio which receiving from simulator to a file?

Thanks a lots.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 323
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:25 pm »
Does the output appear in the build window?  If so, click the mouse in the build window, type Ctrl-A to select all, then Ctrl-C to copy  - then paste it into whatever file you want. 

You can run a standalone program and capture its output to the build window by configuring it in project properties -> tools tab, and check the capture output and output to build window checkboxes.

Graeme